Jet Black Summer - Ladder of Divine Ascent



Sometimes you hear people talk about bands being "musician's musicians", which usually just means no one gives a shit about them except for dorks who are experienced with writing and performing music. Jet Black Summer were definitely one of those musician's musician bands. I definitely remember overhearing dudes I looked up to in my early teens raving about this band at their shows. While they experienced some success, I really feel like had they been given a better break, they would have released some absurdly great material. As you can tell by this release, they were certainly capable of doing so. There are some massive hooks on this thing. I really love this band and this album and would rather not have to crudely explain their sound, so I here is a sample; the song "Ether" from this album. I hope you find it interesting.

Jet Black Summer - Ether by Behemoth Skin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top